Director of Worship
What is Worship?
Here at Harvest, our worship is expressed by what we say, sing and the way we live.
Our Worship Ministry includes singing and playing instruments. We do not
believe that singing praise to God in a church service is, in and of itself,
worship. However, we do believe that singing praise to God is a command to all
66:1-2) and is a powerful way to respond to our God and King.
The message that our music and songs communicate is of
utmost importance to us. Whether our music is sometimes loud or soft, fast or
slow, new or old, with a full band or without, matters little in comparison to
the message of the song.
It is important to us that the songs accurately reflect the
Scriptures. In particular, we hope to express the triune nature of our God as
we respond to the gospel of the Son. Though we believe our enjoyment of God
brings Him glory, praise is not ultimately about what we want, need, desire or
prefer. Worship is an end in itself. We don't worship to raise money, attract
crowds or improve church morale. Should we worship for these reasons, then it
ceases to be worship. He is our satisfaction.
The worship ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel exists to help our people
experience the sufficiency and express the supremacy of Christ in all things.
Worship is the term we use to cover all the acts of the heart and mind and body
that express the infinite worth of God. This general term is made more specific
in our “worship services.” We sing songs, bring tithes, hear and obey God’s
Word, and reorient our lives based on God’s infinite worth.
Serving in the Worship Ministry:
- Bible Saturation: the
content of our singing and praying and welcoming and preaching will always
conform to the truth of Scripture. God’s Word is the ground of all our appeal
to authority. (Isaiah 40:8)
- Head and Heart: Our service
will appeal to clear thinking about spiritual things, and seek to kindle hearts
with deep, strong, real emotions towards God with these truths. (Matthew 22:37)
- Reality: Our services will
have the atmosphere of a radically personal encounter with the God of truth. We
will avoid all pretense and posturing, all flippant, superficial frivolity. We
will pursue reverence, passion, and wonder. (Psalm 96)
- Transparency: We want all
stage participants to disappear and allow the greatness of God to shine
through. Our trust is in our Message, not ourselves as messengers. We actively
avoid shoddiness and lack of preparation as well as distracting finesse or
refinement. (Psalm 115:1)
- Contemporary and
Traditional: We celebrate different time periods of musical expression, not for
the sake of appeasing demographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends
personal taste. (Matthew 13:52)
Here are a few steps and some things you should know before filling out a music application.
Steps to Follow:
- You must be able to take honest feedback during your initial meeting with our staff.
- You must be a believer in Jesus Christ and Harvest must be your home church. No exceptions.
- We need faithful players and singers who will be willing to play at least once a month.
- We need volunteers in all areas of ministry: Weekend Adult Services, Higher Ground, Youth, Young Adults, Small Groups, Men's Ministry, Women's Ministry. We only have a certain amount of positions available in each ministry.
- Though we will place you in a certain ministry, it doesn't guarantee
you will stay in that ministry. It is up to that ministry leader to
decide whether you are capable and trustworthy enough to serve in that
- Become a Believer in Jesus Christ.
- Decide if Harvest is your home church. To even be considered for singing or playing an instrument in any area
of the Worship Ministry you must be a Believer in Jesus Christ and a member of Harvest.
- Attend a Party with the Pastors
- Fill out the Online Worship Application
- Our Worship Department will contact you to set up a date and time for you to meet in order to play/sing in a formal audition.
and familiarize yourself with the songs located on our Weekend Set List page.