The worship ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel exists to help our people experience the sufficiency and express the supremacy of Christ in all things through both music and media.
Worship is the term we use to cover all the acts of the heart and mind and body that express the infinite worth of God. This general term is made more specific in our “worship services.” We sing songs, bring tithes, hear and obey God’s Word, and reorient our lives based on God’s infinite worth.
We plan our weekend services around five key priorities:
- Bible saturation: the content of our singing and praying and welcoming and preaching will always conform to the truth of Scripture. God’s Word is the ground of all our appeal to authority. (Isaiah 40:8)
- Head and Heart: Our service will appeal to clear thinking about spiritual things, and seek to kindle hearts with deep, strong, real emotions towards God with these truths. (Matthew 22:37)
- Reality: Our services will have the atmosphere of a radically personal encounter with the God of truth. We will avoid all pretense and posturing, all flippant, superficial frivolity. We will pursue reverence, passion, and wonder. (Psalm 96)
- Transparency: We want all stage participants to disappear and allow the greatness of God to shine through. Our trust is in our Message, not ourselves as messengers. We actively avoid shoddiness and lack of preparation as well as distracting finesse or refinement. (Psalm 115:1)
- Contemporary and Traditional: We celebrate different time periods of musical expression, not for the sake of appeasing demographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends personal taste. (Matthew 13:52)
If you feel called to serve in this ministry, check out the music and production
pages. Both of these ministries are serving together as the overall
worship ministry. We recognize both elements of music and the use of
media go hand in hand in communicating Christ. Both teams serve in a
relationship with one another.