Pastor of Seniors Ministries
“Fighting the good fight, finishing the race, keeping the faith...and looking forward to the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to us on that day” (2 Tim 4:7-8)... this is our goal for our Harvest Senior Ministry as we continue to press on to know the Lord more intimately. Our theme verse is found in Psalm 71:18 "So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come."
The focus of this ministry is Jesus Christ!
Our desire is to worship, walk and work for Christ as we participate together in some of the following activities...
- Mondays at 9:15 AM – the Creative Hands gals meet for a time of fellowship, the Word, and knitting. They meet all year, from September to June. "If you knit, you fit!".
- Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:15 AM – Our Senior Men's Fellowship meets each week, from September through to June. We have a time of fellowship first and then have a DVD session, followed by discussion. Come and enjoy some great teaching by men like James MacDonald, John Piper, Chuck Swindoll, Andy Stanley and others, and be challenged by the Word. Our new series starting on April 2nd will be by James MacDonald on Revelation 12 to 16.
Open Seniors Fellowship:
- Friday mornings at 9:30 to 11:15 AM - Our Senior meet each week for fellowship and coffee, and then we have a DVD session followed by discussion. This program runs from September through to June. Come and enjoy some great teaching by men like James MacDonald, John Piper, Chuck Swindoll, Andy Stanley and others, and be challenged by the Word. Often there are study guides to help follow the series. Presently we are enjoying Chuck Swindoll's series called "Supernatural Living in a Secular World" - there are still 4 parts left to this series. This will be followed by a unique series from Andy Stanley called 'The Best Question Ever'.
AGAPE Fellowship and Lunch:
- This exciting Senior Adult program runs on the first Thursday of each month from October to December and then February to May. The program starts at 10:30 AM with a hymn sing, followed by some great entertainment. This takes us through to the noon hour when a delicious hot meal is provided. A free will offering is taken to help offset the cost of the food - a suggested donation of $10 per person. Our second last program for the year will be on April 4th, when we are having the singing group The Proverbs, from the Ottawa area, come and sing for us. Our final Agape program for the year will be on May 2nd, when our very own Harvest Praise team will be leading us in worship and Pastor Robbie Symons will be sharing with us from God's Word.
Senior Men's Golf and Fellowship:
- This program is open to all seniors in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga and beyond. For more information please call the church at 905-827-4888.
- The Senior men of Harvest and many of their friends join together on a weekly basis for a round of 9-hole golf up at Pineland Greens Golf Course located on Safari Road in Flamborough. This takes place during the warmer months from April to October. The start time is usually around 7:45 AM and takes only two hours to play. It is a great time of fellowship and fun! If interested, please call Pastor Stu at the church, 905-827-4888, for further details.
The Three Musketeers
Harvest Senior's 2013 Spring Event The Three Musketeers A tale of intrigue and adventure set in the colourful world of 17th century France. Vowing eternal comradeship - ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL! -... More
Boat Cruise and Luncheon
Harvest Senior's 2013 Summer Event Board the Segwun at the Gravenhurst docks for a 2 ½ cruise on beautiful Lake Muskoka. Cruise includes a buffet lunch. The RMS Segwun is North America’s... More