Beginning Monday March 4, Harvest will be launching a course entitled "Heart Resurgence". This course looks at the story from Exodus of how God delivered His people from bondage in Egypt and brought them to the Promised Land, to show how God can set you free from the bondage of sexual sin and enjoy the freedom and blessing of knowing and loving Jesus Christ above all else. The course will run for 10 weeks on Sundays during our 11:15 am services for men, and Monday nights at 6:00 pm for women.
You can sign up discreetly online. Men's Registration | Women's Registration
Here are some other helpful resources that you can access immediately to help equip you in fighting the battle for purity:
Covenant Eyes. This is a computer program designed to provide protection for your computers, smart phones and and tablet devices. For a minimal charge, it will provide you with internet filtering software, and also an accountability tool that automatically sends your surfing history to an accountability partner that you choose ahead of time. The staff at Harvest use this program on all their devices and find it extremely helpful.
Setting Captives Free. This is an online ministry that offers free courses for people struggling with various issues, including a 60-day course entitled The Way of Purity that teaches you how to find freedom from sexual impurity.
"Moral Fences". This is an article that Pastor James MacDonald wrote back in 1999 for Leadership Journal about some personal guidelines that he has developed in order to protect himself from situations in which sexual purity might be compromised. The staff at Harvest have embraced these as their own, and have added a few more since then as well. We would encourage to develop your own based on your own vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
XXXchurch.com. This is a Christian website designed to help those who are struggling with an addiction to pornography. The site seeks to build awareness about the issue, to provide tools and resources to prevent people from getting involved in pornography, and to provide accountability and online courses for those recovering from this problem.
- The Enemy Within. This is a very helpful book from Kris Lundgaard that interacts with two works from John Owen, a well-known Puritan writer. The book provides solid instruction on understanding the battle against sin, and practical encouragement for those who are serious about destroying sin in their lives.
- Sexual Detox. This short book from Tim Challies is designed to help reorient your understanding of sex to God's perspective and provide some tools for detoxing from all the junk that you've seen and the lies that you have believed.
- Sex is Not the Problem (Lust Is). Written by Joshua Harris, this book seeks in a straightforward manner to expose the tactics of lust and help the reader establish an intentional plan for fighting lust and pursuing purity in light of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- At The Altar of Sexual Idolatry. This is a book from Steve Gallagher , the president of Pure Life Ministries which is dedicated to helping men overcome sexual sin by passionately pursuing holiness and a love for Jesus Christ. This book outlines the problem of sexual idolatry, the root issues, and how you can chart a successful course for winning the battle against sexual sin.
- Redemption. This book from Mike Wilkerson "unfolds the back-story of redemption in Exodus to help Christians better understand how Christ redeems us from the slavery of abuse and addiction and restores us to our created purpose, the worship of God. Readers will discover that the reward of freedom is more than victory over a habitual sin or release from shame; it is satisfaction and rest in God himself."